Friday, July 30, 2010

Make a Splash!

I am so excited to be the Guest Designer over at SOUS this week!  Thanks so much ladies for letting me play along.  This week there was no sketch just a summer theme with bright fun colors.  I had so much fun making this layout.  I loved the paper as soon as I saw it!  The pictures are great because they are of 3 of my favorite boys, my two and my nephew!  And...I totally couldn't resist putting the picture of my little guy with soggy bum and shorts falling down. There are lots of small details that I put in.  Thanks for looking and hope you are all enjoying your summer!




Tulle to try and make it look like the frothy bubbly whites of the water and these splashes are cut out from one of the papers!



Art glitter on the "a" to make it stand out!


There are skittles and diamond glaze to try and make it look like there are water droplets on the spatters!


I used the tulle to try and make it look like the white water bubbles/froth of water

Paper:
Best Creations Inc - Surf's up!

Carts:
All Mixed Up
Plantin Schoolbook

Make the Cut for the water drops and splatters.  I drew the water drops in inkscape myself, my first attempt at drawing something (basic I know) but I am pretty happy with how they turned out!

Diamond Glaze
Skittles
Tulle

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous job, Jill .. love the details .. so glad you posted them here. Great idea using the tulle .. Everything is just wonderful! Thanks for being our special guest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, you did an amazing job on this!!! WOW, the details are fantastic, and the photos are adorable!!! You couldn't have picked any better paper!!!! Fabulous Layout!!!

    ReplyDelete